Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Stinking Rose Pub Sold to Church Key Brewing

I received a message today from John Graham, the owner/operator of the Church Key Brewing Co. stating that, while not yet official, he has bought The Stinking Rose Pub in Campebellford, ON, not far from where the brewery is located in Pethericks Corners.

Here is John's message, which is also posted on Church Key's website.

Not all is official yet, waiting for licenseing to change over. But the word is out so I will share my excitement. Church-Key Brewing has purchased The Stinking Rose Pub, from original owners Ron and Dianne. We look forward to making/keeping the pub the centre of conversation and libation that The Rose deserves. We will be meeting with all of the Church-Key and Rose staff this week to work out details.
Change over is slated for Aug 1st. Keep tuned in for details. Sorry to Tobey, Dianne, Harold and others for not saying anything on Thursday night, I had just signed the deal and was busting at the seams to tell but, could not yet.

John
I am excited for John and his family and now there's a voice in my head is telling me to get over to The Stinking Rose shortly after he takes over the reins. Congratulations!

More information to follow once it becomes available.

2 comments:

5_55 said...

First, what a great blog! I always learn something interesting from each entry. I visited the Church Key brewery a few weeks ago. For 5 bucks you get a nice sampler (Holy Smoke simply rocks!) and a tour of facilities. It's an hour and a half drive from my home but it was worth it. I wish John all the best in his future endeavours.

Troy Burtch said...

Zoran - thank you for the kind words! I appreciate them. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Church Key's Holy Smoke, John makes some great beer.

Thanks for reading!
Troy

Web Analytics

Winter Ale