Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Europe Bound For Two Weeks

The time has finally come for me to board a flight to Europe. Yes, I've never been to Europe before.

My wife and I are preparing for two packed weeks that we'll be spending in Amsterdam, Belgium, and Paris respectively.  We've got a bunch of things lined up that just happen to involve beer (fancy that!), including trips to Cantillon, Delirium, Cafe Gollem, t' Brugs Beertje, The Brewer's House, Heineken, and more.

What I'm really looking forward to is our visit to Het Anker in Mechelen. We will be staying at the hotel attached to the brewery, and it came to my attention yesterday that there will be a meeting taking place during my stay that involves the Association of Belgian Family Brewers! We'll also be going on an intimate brewery tour, which I'm sure will include sampling their terrific line-up of beers.

In Bruges we've managed to snag a room at Hotel Erasmus, which is well known for their tremendous food and large collection of Belgian beer. It's also nice and central to all the locations I hope to visit.

We leave tomorrow and won't be back until October 17th, so there won't be any new content on here during that time. Should I get a free moment, I may post some pictures during the trip. Maybe. I will schedule some old posts to appear sporadically during the two weeks.

Cheers,
Troy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice trip Troy! Well deserved.

A bientot,

Daniel from Garrison

sstackho said...

Happy honeymooning!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! We've been to Cantillon and Delirium and they're well, well worth the visit. You might already know about the Brouwerij't IJ in Amsterdam... If not, don't miss it, it's a brewery in an old windmill - great beer and fantastic experience!
http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/index_en.htm

Gina and Mike

Web Analytics

Winter Ale