Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Look Out Toronto, Here I Come


I have been extremely busy over the weekend, with it being Thanksgiving and all, and packing boxes for my move to the big smoke. Yep, that's right. I am leaving the small town of Orillia where I worked and leaving the even smaller village of Brechin where I grew up, to head south on the 400 hwy to live in Toronto.

I am excited for this move. I get the chance to start over again, find a job that excites me on a daily basis and lets me experience the hundreds of terrific pubs in this city.

Many readers of this blog have been kind enough to email me with their recommendations on which pubs I should visit and profile. I don't like to let people down so I will do my best to get to each one recommended. This week I plan to visit Smokeless Joe's on John street and Lion on the Beach on Queen St East, so stay tuned for a post on them this week.

I will try to get as many posts on the blog this week as I can, but bare with me as I get settled in to my new city.



Upcoming Events:
October 13th: Canadian Brewing Awards Judging at the Duchess Pub in Markham

October 14th: Independent Boast and Toast with Industry SOS at Rowers Pub Toronto

No comments:

Web Analytics

Winter Ale