Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Friday, June 13, 2008

Funny Pub Staff

"Hi, can I get a pint of Mill Street Tankhouse please?" I said to the nice looking waitress at a pub I will not name. I know they serve Tankhouse, that's why I'm there. It is the only craft brewery on tap there.

"Sorry, we don't have Tankhouse up here (patio) but we do have Keith's Red, which is very close to Tankhouse," states the waitress.

Weird. I am wearing my Mill Street shirt, which is hard to miss, and she still says that. "No thanks, Keith's Red is no where near Tankhouse, not even close," I say.

"Oh, I think so," she says as she bashes her eyelashes.

"I'll have any Mill Street beer, if you have it."

And a Belgian Wit I got - with an orange slice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith's Red is closer to a badly mixed fountain Coke.

Mig said...

Well, they are both cold and wet... this bar wouldn't happen to be in Liberty Village, would it?

Anonymous said...

At least she was 3rd grade reading level... Still a mill st. product!

Web Analytics

Winter Ale