Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Pub Radio Show

Bill Perrie loves beer. He loves pubs too. He has worked in the industry for over a decade promoting both large macro-breweries and small micro-breweries. He has run his own bar, worked as a brewery sales rep, has had five books about beer and pubs published, and now he is the host of the Pub Radio Show on Stouffville's Whistle Radio 102.7fm.

Perrie came to me some months ago to inquire whether I would be interested in coming aboard and being part of the hour long show and it didn't take me long to respond with a yes. I will be assisting with tasting the 'beer of the week' with the guest brewer, and I'll also be doing a small segment on the beer news of the week.

The show will air every Saturday afternoon at 4pm to 5pm; however, it won't be live, just yet anyway. Taping takes place every Wednesday night and this past week was the first session. I helped taste Innis and Gunn with Perrie and TAPS publisher Rob Engman (Innis and Gunn rep was sick and could not make it) and spoke about last weekends Golden Tap Awards, the lime beer lawsuit, Jim Brickman, new beers in the works and the promotion at Cameron's. Perrie also had Al Connelly of Glass Tiger in studio, spoke with Engman about the Canadian Brewing Awards, and interviewed the publican of the Earl of Whitchurch. It was a first good show and I think it will only improve with time.

And for the record, I have never done this before, so if you happen to tune in on Saturday, please forgive my first attempt. I promise to get better. I always thought doing radio would be easier than standing in front of a camera for a TAPS podcast, but I found myself a tad uncomfortable... and it wasn't even live.

102.7FM - this Saturday - 4pm to 5pm.

No comments:

Web Analytics

Winter Ale