Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stonch's Beer Blog Calls It A Day

I've taken some time off from writing, soaking up some rest and relaxation, getting ready for the new year of posting news, reviews and interviews. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and ended the year in style.

Today I got up and decided I'd try to do a late submission for the 35th installment of the Session, having it be my first post of 2010, and I just might get around to it this afternoon, but in checking my daily reads I noticed the following title of a post on Stonch's Beer Blog - The Last Post.

It turns out that Jeffrey Bell, the man behind the three year old blog (and owner of the Gunmakers Arms), has decided to call it quits, ending his successful site. You see, this is the blog's third birthday, and I decided a few weeks ago that this would be the day I'd finally put it to sleep.

Bell's site was one of the first blogs I found myself attached to when I set out to create this one, and he was one of the first people to send me an email welcoming me to the beer blogosphere. He offered words of encouragement and paid compliments to my material; something I greatly appreciated and haven't forgotten to this day.

So long Jeff! It's been great tuning in the past over the past years. All the best in your future endeavours and here's to continued success with the Gunmakers.

No comments:

Web Analytics

Winter Ale