Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Fresh Start...A Fresh Beer

Today was my last official day working for the provincial government.  I resigned from my position three weeks ago and I carted away the last of the junk that graced my desk this afternoon. 

I am assuming a new role in the beer industry starting April 6th (I'll share the info with you in a few days), and to help celebrate this change I decided to indulge in a couple of Central City Red Racer IPA's.  Awesome stuff.  I had the chance to review the beer for the Spring issue of TAPS, which will be hitting store shelves next week.

7 comments:

Library Playground said...

Congrats! (I'm still working for the government...)

Alan said...

Congrats for getting out. I am a g-man for life I think.

Eric said...

Congrats on the "leap of faith" Troy! And that Red Racer is delightful, a good way to toast new beginnings!

Anonymous said...

Great news, Congrats Troy. There is something to be said about working in an industry you are passionate about. Good for you for making the leap.

Grimes said...

Good stuff, Troy!

Looking forward to getting the skinny of your new industry position!

Lager Bore said...

Way to stick it to the man!

Can't wait to hear what you'll be doing. Good on ya for breaking out!

Cheers and all the best,
Roger

sstackho said...

Congrats Troy. Good luck with the new career path. I figured you'd end up working with beer eventually!

Web Analytics

Winter Ale