Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beer Always Near at the Cottage

I just made it back from the cottage after spending four glorious days cutting down trees, enjoying the fresh air, snowshoeing, ice fishing (only caught a cold) and drinking some great Canadian beer in front of the fireplace. Feet up, music on and free from the noise of the big city. It was a nice getaway offering some much needed rest.

Some Mill Street Tankhouse and a growler of their Tripel (Betelgeuse) were consumed as was a Garrison Winter Warmer and a Swan's Appleton Brown Ale. I even made it over to Bracebridge on the way home to share a lengthy and enthusiastic conversation with Griffin Pub owner Jed Corbeil for a post that I hope to put together (for the blog) sometime this week. On the way home I stopped in for some dinner with my father, who surprised me with a six pack of Kasteel Cru that he acquired from a Molson employee.

Now I'm back in TO and I have a TAPS deadline to focus on; there's work piled up on my desk (day job) and I need to review some beers.

No comments:

Web Analytics

Winter Ale