Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Won A Prize

I was debating whether or not to enter Alan and Jeff's annual Yuletide photo contest this year as I had helped get them some prizes. However, right before the deadline I decided that it wouldn't hurt to toss in some pictures, besides, I felt that some of the photograph's I took over the last year at certain events were quite good.

So I entered, and I'm glad I did. I ended up winning a prize, 11th prize to be exact. My winning picture (above) was taken at Volo during their 4th annual Cask Days Festival and the hand belongs to Denison's owner Michael Hancock as he was pouring some of his delicious Dunkel into a glass for a waiting customer. I didn't think it was the best one in the pile, but hey, I won't complain.

According to Alan's list of prizes, that correspond with the list of winning photo's, I am the recipient of a free lunch at the Stinking Rose Pub in Campbellford, ON and a tasting for four at John Graham's Church Key Brewing Co. Stinking Rose is also owned by John Graham, so the two go hand-in-hand. Getting out to the Stinking Rose and Church Key for a visit to do some profiles have been at the top of a list of things I wanted to do, so the prize works out great for me.

Check out A Good Beer Blog to access and view the hundreds and hundreds of beery photographs that were submitted from all over the world. A big thanks goes out to Alan and Jeff for their work behind the scenes. This contest is always a good time and the pictures are all wonderful to peruse through.

3 comments:

tupalev said...

Congrats Troy! I meant to get to the Stinking Rose over the holidays but ran out of time. I did make my usual trip to Church Key though where the beer is really really good right from the source(so fresh).

Have fun when you make your way down to the Quinte area!

Jeff

Troy Burtch said...

Thanks Jeff. I'm really looking forward to the visit. I'd be sure to post everything on the blog once I get back.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Troy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - great photo and interesting write up.

Web Analytics

Winter Ale