Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NHL Trade Deadline Day

Today is the NHL trade deadline day. A day where thousands of die-hard hockey fans wake up with a mysterious 24 hour cold and call into work sick. I did not (wish I could). I'm sitting at my desk, TSN is streaming and all that's missing is a pint in my hand.

To all you readers at home today - have one, or more, for me. Who's on the move?

3 comments:

Chris said...

What did you think of Burke's magic? He is going to lead you guys to the cup just like he won one for us in Vancouver.

Troy Burtch said...

Chris - you know, I'm actually pleased with the trades, with the exception of Kolzig, Heward and ?? What will that do to help us Leaf fans? As well as he's been playing, I was hoping Kubina would be gone for some picks, Blake too.

What did Vancouver do to improve?? Nothing.

Chris said...

Haha, we didn't need to make a deal to get into the playoffs!

You guys did get some good second rounders, but I still think Burke is going to have a tough time building a team without Perry, Getzlaf, and Scott Niedermayer's brother.

Web Analytics

Winter Ale