Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Christmas Morning Beer

A number of years ago I started a little Christmas tradition in my family; cracking open a couple of bottles to accompany gift opening and delicious quiche for breakfast.

I remember the first year, 4 years ago. I was living in Halifax and flew back home in time for Christmas and went to the LCBO in search of a beer that would suit the mood well. I choose Wychwood's Bah Hambug, and it did the trick.

The next year I went with Mill Street's Coffee Porter, which is terrific first thing in the morning (I shouldn't have to explain why, coffee!), and last year it was Phillip's Longboat Double Chocolate Porter, also terrific.

Last night I was sitting around the apartment getting stuff together for the drive home when it hit me - I haven't selected my Christmas morning beer yet. I totally forgot. Then I thought it would be fun to have you help me choose from the following list that I've narrowed it down to, if you don't mind.

Unibroue Quelque Chose
Tree Raspberry Porter
Great Lakes Winter Ale
Garrison Winter Warmer (I had one last night, very nice)
St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
2007 & 2008 Nickel Brook Cuvee

1 comment:

Troy Burtch said...

Looking like the Oatmeal Stout....and then a Duvel

Web Analytics

Winter Ale