Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Colin Jack - Just Here For The Beer 1970-2011

Pic-via Facebook
This morning my twitter feed informed me of the sad news about the passing of Colin Jack yesterday. Jack was the co-owner of Vancouver's Just Here For The Beer Ltd., festival coordinator for the Canada Cup of Beer, radio show regular (discussing beer) on CKNW 980, host of the Just Here For the Beer Radio show on AM 650, beer columnist for Vancouver 24 Hours and longtime beer educator.

I had the pleasure of meeting Colin a number of times and we stayed in touch via email over the years. He was a big supporter of TAPS The Beer Magazine and shared some insight into the BC craft brewing scene with us on a number of occasions. We shared drinks at the 2009 Toronto Festival of Beer and I can truly say it was a pleasure talking beer with him.

Colin Jack
1970-2011

4 comments:

CP said...

I just heard the sad news and my condolences go out to his amazing family & friends. I've known Colin for about 10yrs and attended some of his awesome parties! He was a guy that everyone loved, how could you not, and he has left us too soon.

Unknown said...

I just heard the news, my husband and I met Colin a few years ago and although we didn't see him more than 1 or 2 times a year he always remembered us and had a great smile. He will be missed!

Denise Lau said...

Colin was a before and after school care worker for my daughter when she was very young. He was caring, thoughtful and loved each one of the children he helped grow. He is one of those people who leaves a permanent mark on your life and brought the light with him. Over the years he always remembered us and had time to chat and visit when we would run into him. I am glad we had the chance to know him. Our family's deepest condolences go to his close friends and family. It is very sad to lose a good man at such a young age.

Unknown said...

Colin you will forever be in my heart. I will cherish the memories of you cuddled on my lap and taking you and your brother and sister to McDonald's or White Spot and filling you guys full of anything you wanted and then dropping you at home.Your uncle and I laughing all the way home. The summers you spent with us were memorable, paddling around the marina in the dingy or your trip to wreck beach with your uncle, oops. You are my sweat nephew, I love you. Auntie Kath xoxoxo

Web Analytics

Winter Ale