Follow beer writer, Troy Burtch, as he explores the wonderful world of craft beer and the pubs that serve it. Great Canadian Beer is a place to come to catch up on beer news, read tasting notes, check out event listings, and for pub previews and reviews.

PLANNING AN EVENT? GOT A NEWS TIP? INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING? SEND A MESSAGE TO troy (at)greatcanadianbeerblog(dot)com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Writing, Drinking and Remembering

I work for the Provincial government so I had the day off today. Good thing too because my submissions for TAPS are past due and I needed a day to sit at the computer and write away. I've gotten a lot done. I watched the Remembrance Day celebrations (should I say celebrations?) and reflected back on the stories my grandfather used to share with me about WWII, a war in which he was involved in. Remembrance Day means a lot to me and back home it seemed to mean more to the people there than it does to the people here in Toronto.

Anyway, because of the brave souls who fought for their country many years ago, I am sitting here nursing a Tree Hophead IPA while completing my writing in the freedom of my apartment, to which I am grateful for.

A toast to the soldiers, survivors and those who have been affected by war!

Always to be REMEMBERED.

Picture borrowed from the Granite Brewery's website.

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice tribute.

It's a great pic, isn't it? And right on the bar!

Stonch said...

Which Peculiar are they talking about? Theakston's?

Troy Burtch said...

Hey Jeff,

There is a brewery here in Toronto and in Halifax called the Granite and they make a Peculiar. It's based on the Theakston's though and it's their house ale.

Cheers,
Troy

Web Analytics

Winter Ale